Friday, June 17, 2011

Luis prep


Okay well a few hours in counting till he lands in Cambodia supper excited!!!!!! Now I would by no means say my boo is high maintance but he has a lot of nerves that mean prep for those people around me. My host family I think is ready but they keep trying to talk me out of him spending the night because they think their house is not good enough I have a host sister who is close by who I guess has nicer stuff but I keep telling them no problem not to worry I live their don’t I like I am American if I can do it why cant he. Well its all because my host sister husband will not spend the night the one time he visited but that’s just not how me and Luis are so I keep telling them not to worry. Now that im pretty sure he has no internet connection I can post this but after my family worries they inform me they all want to go to the air port to meet him lmao yea he has no idea and is not even going to know what to do which will entertain me! I know im a horrible girl friend my family is really invested in me and they know how happy I am with him coming so when they came to me to inform me they wanted to do this I was shocked. For one they never leave the house bc “they must sell” “I want to cook” these are the answers I get ALL THE TIME WHEN I EVER ASK THEM TO DO SOMETHING FUN! And lets be honest in America picking people up at an air port isn’t not really on the list of things people like to do that combined with my host family always working never occurred to me to invite them to go to the airport. Last min planning well originally I sort of was like ahh their this saying this because like I said they never leave but yesterday when I realized they really ment it I went to my friend who lived in cali for awhile that is divorced I think I mentioned him in one of my first blogs anyways he has a car and I knew he would help me out for not to much money or so I hope. Now that I got the car I had to split into pp today for a meeting with coca cola about toms leavening my host sister with the money and told her she better pack that car up with 20 dollars worth of people lol and to stay away from the 99 (99 is a cheap brand of whiskey it’s the family joke) so this all might be sort of a surprise for me as well because I have no idea who from my village will be piled in this van. Next funny thing so they want to know how much stuff he has with him how many kilos is his bag I then have to inform them well he just bought a backpack but he has a bag all for me about 70 kilos they think this is soo crazy and I have to agree it is but its cheaper then shipping it ups but poor Luis has to truck around this bag all for me =) now for everyone’s 411 I really tried to explain to him how Cambodia will be and how it will be in my village but like most of you im sure you think some things I type or say to you are just me over-exaggerated sometimes I wish I was but pretty much his visit is front page news if their was a village news paper lmao. He has no idea in part bc I don’t want to overwhelm him to quickly but 10 different people have ask for us to go and eat with them I don’t know a single person who has not asked me everyday for the last 2 months when he is coming and when can they meet him and then ask if we will get married while he is in Cambodia (no we will not) this is just the way Khmer people’s thought process goes. He thinks he can just say hello and we will be on the move but he doest get that they will just invite them selves to my house to eat with him lmao and they will speak Khmer a million mile an hours expecting him to know what they are talking about it’s about to be a real shit show and with me in the front row seat watching with pop corn. Once he gets to experience this I feel it really will all click so until next time peace out from the other side of the world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment