Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The sun eats the moon…Eclipse

Rocks that calm Baby fetus and help them not become stupid??? yea really

helping the monks out
Water helps the sun swallow the moon the water then brings good luck
i went around just banging on stuff to make cambodian's happy
Luna Eclipse 

Since the days of Jentee’s husband leaving she has been crying all the time is convinced she is pregnant and Peace Corps has come for a site visit. O and yes a lunar eclipse to add to that list which has been the hi-light of the week which will be sure to share pictures and details with you. Now that jentee is not so worried about the fact her husband doesn’t love her and realizes its all the god mom screwing things up she is more in love with her husband then ever however there is one issues with all of this their not actually married. They had a wedding the family tells me they are married but after the trip I realized there is no paper just a wedding party if you will which means there is nothing legal about this thing. I still worried the husband doesn’t understand what will happen if he doesn’t come back in a year or comes up with a better solution since she cant go to America. Peace Corps came to visit for their once a year visit, which is sort of more of a dog and pony show what I mean by this is the major disconnect between peace corps and my actual village life and I wish they understood how they come off. Ex my family think they lie because they say things to put people at ease without following though when I moved in they took down my sister phone number said they would call check in etc they never did. It was really funny she called them out when they came I guess they got lost and she was like well you would not get lost if you called me but I think u lost my number peace crops people were like no no we have it but jentee is pretty smart so she is like o yea then tell me what is it? Then they were all like well its not on us its in the office and she is like right sure. They come to help build the program in community but it just comes off like a yes yes conversations like they don’t really listen which, can be frustrating because when you really care about the work your doing and having Cambodian develop you want what your telling peace corps to matter which is just not always the case. Either way they don’t come off to well to people and that’s also difficult. Another downer to this visit I was sutel told that for people to extend they don’t so much want people to stay in the village but work in a bigger city for capacity building. Why this sucks for me the reason I am trying to extend with peace corps is my host family really wants me to say and I feel that I can do a lot of work still on a grass roots level other wise I could just go work in Phnom Penh with out peace corps. Speaking of another funny story my host family apparently wants to give me land which I didn’t really believe however they now have told peace corps they plan to do this and peace corps did not even know what to say because they were going to ask my family to take another volunteer next July instead they just had to keep quite. No its time mythology story time with out further a due what happens when there is a solar eclipse in Cambodia where this comes from no one can tell me but the way they say the word for eclipse is oute haow japp chan for the most part its consider good luck. People bang on tops of things and scream out loud to help the monks to bring the good luck and help the sun swallow the moon also to help the sun you leave out water right in front of the moon with incses over it. The other things you bang are fruit trees because its is the belief that the more you bang on a fruit tree with an eclipse the more fruit said tree will have. However its not all fun and games lol now if you are pregnant or they think you are with child you can not stand in front of the eclipse why??? Well simple the baby will be born stupid how to prevent upsetting the fetus you must go inside the house with rocks inside your shirt see picture. Due to the fact they though jentee eggo was prego I got to witness this first hand. FYI that next day we discover she was not pregnant so looks like she missed the eclipse for no reason. Anyways after an hour of banging and waiting for the sun to fully eat the moon it was time to take the water that helped the son and dump it on ur self and family members and house of course because now you will have sooooo much luck. Ironically that night I deiced to play with my tarot cards I guess I was feeling the luck of the craziness of the eclipse and the cards also told me jentee was not pregnant sometimes the cards know. I am currently trying to raise fund for a take back the night and Shisha and ngo that helps with rape victims anyways I just got word from lucky supper market I can hand out information on gender based violence and fund raise supper excited ill have to tell you how that goes until next time peace out from the other side of the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment