Saturday, May 28, 2011

k5 prep and everything in between!


It’s hard to believe but I just finished training for ideas for the k5s coming in July! I guess I will recap last week well first off I had to go into pp for peace corps stuff on how to deal with the k5s and about what projects and grants we need to write up. However as always bc im pressed for time and meetings I had to escape some of peace corps meetings for my own projects yea they don’t approve of that but its easy to spend hours talking about all your doing then actually doing it so I figured ahh whatever. First I had a meeting with Gad C which is a gender development ngo how has ana amazing library of books just on gender and Cambodia its been a real life saver but anyways they also do outside work and I wanted them to help with my dv conference which they agreed to yay!!!! I know it seems that I have good news with tom shoes then things fall to shit which is really the case but im hoping this time I can mean what I say well this organization called OVC says they have storage there is a catch they want 20,000 out of the 33,000 pairs of shoes they work with orphans with aids and rare disease or something so its not to a bad cause just seems like we would be giving them a lot and keeping track is another issues. I also had a meeting with someone from peace corps and while I cant say I am happy with all the answer I guess ill take it as a white flag and try to turn over a new leaf with them as far as this project goes what’s the saying don’t hold on to hot coals it only burns ur own hands. Then their was the peace corps 50th anniversary party what this meant was a party at the embassy most of the volunteers only went bc they thought they would get to see inside the embassy but they just had a tent in the back lmao. Needless to say people were pretty bummed and peace corps also informed us before the party started how poor they are right now and that we might need help to stick around for clean up which was just a nail in the coffin like o hey you guys were throwing a party in your honor for the projects you did for the 50th projects but clean up after the important guest okay thanks. Also at the last min they gave us these shirts and wanted us to wear them but they send us all an email months be4 telling us we had to dress nice so basically most people had to go out and buy a new dress in the end we got to choose while I was in Singapore I bought a saree which I was supper excited about wearing however no lie deff can not figure out how to put the thing on still I had to have help. The party ended pretty quickly but I don’t know how the next parts all unfolded but I guess the marine’s baric are in the same place as the embassy it was freaking huge very posh but it was a cool after party I guess u could say we left on a tuk tuk after and they took a driver and car to the bar to meet up with the rest of the pcvs. Well another project I have started to work on was first aid training for the village health volunteers I found a guy willing to do it blah blah well anyways I bring this up for a long story.  I get back to site and tell my health staff about this just to give them the heads up and ask if they had money to pay the vhvs to come in of course no but somehow in Cambodian fashion they never pre plan much so maybe this is all my fault I dunno I was just trying to get the ball rolling. What happened okay well come Thursday in the ams Eileen you have meeting tomorrow me no not that I know of why what are you talking about yea you teach vhvs tom no that in july I think you teach them tomorrow instead yea I can’t I have no money etc o but its to late we sent out invitation I think if you don’t have tomorrow they will not come back well can I call them no they have no phones can I go out on motto dop and tell them not to come very far no you can not. In the end I sort of got my way they attempted to tell them but im sure I pissed off a bunch of them and lost mad face all bc the hospital staff some how thought I was planning this thing in one week! Until next time peace out from the other side fo the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment