Sunday, May 1, 2011

Krew-ka-maie


That is the word in khmer natural healer im pretty sure Cambodia has more then they know what to do with everyday someone tells me some new superstition or idea of o so many things health included. However bing the person I am and know I have to really work on integration I took it upon my self to learn the ancient art of cupping for a dollar that I paid the lady who cupped me was able to be taught. Most Cambodians only know how to coin so when I came home to tell my host family the news they were taken a back my host mom though was sort of excited my host sister was like im scared I don’t like. Well now with my new form hobby or skill should I say I went and bought the cupping glasses and the stick u wrap up cloth in to burn fyi they use gasoline on the cloth to keep it real lite. It did not take me to long to find these items and it only cost me 6000r which is about 1.50 now I was set to go but who the hell would trust the barong with Cambodian medicine… that’s right my host mom haha. Well I had no real intention of getting to use my stuff so soon on a real live human being that was not my own leg but I figured mine as well see how I do and a host mom is good as any one to volunteer herself. I did not burn her a plus and it worked she admitted to me it was better then coining way more telexing it did not hurt and she did not freak out to bad I mean keep in mind I am playing with fire and for her to turst me must have been a big leap of faith but never the less she did and only got scared a few times but all and all I would say I feel I picked it up and she said she felt better. However I also made her drink a lot of water because while I know some of you think I went off the deep end I knew when she came back she did not feel well because she was dehydrated but once ur willing to go alone with their idea of medience their more willing to listen to you  so I will say the combination of real sci and Cambodian way of doing things worked out. Other things that have happened to me well I went site seeing on a moto with jentee however we got a flat tire and had to push the moto all the way back to her house while on lookers laughed and the two fat people pushing a moto yea and the 2 year old was with us so he sat on the moto while we pushed. So Saturday I had no real plans to do much except laundry and read but my tb host family informed me they were going to pick up my host sister from the air port and wanted me to come. Background story first so I have a host sister who is the same age as me who was working in Malaysia in a factory however apparently there is no more over time in Malaysia so all Cambodians are coming home now or something like this but this sister has the same issue I did while living their and I guess hates it and never wanted to move back home. However my host family never let on to this so I had no idea until she came off the plane and mean while 15 people took this taxi to see her and she was lethargic to everyone I never seen someone so sad like I just took one look at her and knew something was wrong it looked like she wanted to run back on the air plane really. I thought all this is odd but we went to this carnval thing and for the record my host dad was actually not a d bag that day like he was actually try to play off that he liked to to the taxi driver though I have a conspiracy theory as to why goes something like this now with out my host sisters income going to the family im sure he is gonna try to convince me to move back in but that will not be happening its one reason I almost did not go with the family but u know have to save face. That part of everything was really cool their was this crazy bridge that u walk across and it is all unsable lol I thought of it as a ride they all thought it was funny be screaming while I thought I might plunge to my death in acid water. Well everyone seemed to be having a really good time except the sister of the hour so I tried to ask her about maysia but she was just like it is much different then Cambodia and that was sort of it. Well when we get back to the tb family house they wanted to me to stay and so I did for a while everyone came over however it was not until my host sister jenta came over that she was happy so I guess maybe they were best friends not really sure but later on me and jenta got to talking and that’s when I found out she is pretty fucked right now bc she is stuck living with them even though she has the same sorts of issues I did so I feel really sorry for her. My host family has been selling mangos and peanuts now that watermelon season is over there is more down time then be4 which is nice talk to them more I think since moving in with them my khmer has been getting better I credit my host mom because she number one likes to talk haha  things have also been slow at the hospital though the hot season keeps people in hammocks drinking this palm juice with ice the electricity goes off a lot now to. Luis is coming to vist me june 18th sooooo excited he will be bring my host family stuff so if anyone has any exter makeup you never use my host sister likes to put on makeup for people for the weddings to make some money she could use it and my family cooks every day and has pretty horrible cutting knifes etc so if anyone has any knifes or kitchen stuff that is portable enough for Luis to take to Cambodia give it over to my mom it would be much appreciated until next time peace out from the other side of the world!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment