Thursday, March 22, 2012

More on being a nomad in Inda


Okay im horrible at keeping up on my blog and I don’t feel like writing a blog for each crazy event that transpired in my trip so this will be less detailed sorry. After the north we spent a short time in the city then headed to Agra to see the taja mahal which I did not actually pay to go into instead I opted to eat on a roof top and see it from a far for free im just not as much into buildings and things as natural ecotourism/ cultural tourism so when I go somewhere that wants a shit ton of money for me to stand for 30 mins and leave ill pass. Agra was a desolate town did not like it I would say pass unless ur dying to see the taja mahal we had to deal with a real creeper there who tried to come in our room with whiskey and bragged about how rich he was but sexual harassment in general is horrible in India as a female you ust have to except that its going to happen which sucks in general guest house are really skeive and if you can not afford something nice I say skip the guest houses bc they are more unsafe then couch surfing. This brings me to what made our trip we only spent limited time in guest house thank god for that bc every single place we stayed was creepy really where couch surfing its like u get this inside view of the cultural and life of people you are visiting we had some great host. Jaipur is the capital of the Rajasthan desert and is the first planned city in India and its supper nice and up scale and way more put together then New Delhi I had the chance to stay with this family near the amber fort which was this little nitch away from the city but still close to get to other places soo awesome. The father of the family and me really got along exchanging ideas and philosophies he was a wealth of knowledge I learned that most pray beads in any religion adds up to 9 for the plants in the sky in India its 108 1+8=9 the rosary 2+7=9 lots of mythology was talked about and of course palm reading. I should note most of this trip was spent with me palm reading I even read the palm of my astrologist good fun always perfecting my skills I also read other couch surfers who were staying there as well and apparently I was really on with a few of them. I also found out Brahman is not the highest caste in india like I thought but raja Stan which is the royal class who are the ones who are in power.  However I personally could not figure out how u figure out who belongs to which caste I asked but I guess the days of yester years are over and they don’t have as obvious dress etc like back in the day however I guess the richer class has nicer clothes. In Jaipur have a lot of interesting forts and things that we were able to explore with these awesome side streets it really felt like this unique place to be when we couch surfed. Another plus of this trip and couch surfing was that we met people from all over the world and just had great convos and taught people about not just American culture but Cambodian culture as well. Most people didt think I was American while in india pretty much I got Spanish everywhere I went how I know this because they kept trying to say hi to me in Spanish and ask my name in Spanish apparently that much of my 8th grade Spanish class I could apply yay for me lol. Exploring broken down forts and palaces getting o know a local family it was time for us to move on to jasomere. We couch surfed with another really nice guy who actually owns his own guesthouse hotel and gave us a room for free and took us out to this none touristic desert it was just so amazing. Him and his friend sonny threw us a dance party and we ate really good Indian food with them as well.  They were telling us about village life and how he was forced to get married at 14 to his cousin and just a lot of cultural stuff and understanding of more human beings. The biggest aspect of this leg of our trip was the camel ride  not going to lie had no real desire to ride a camel but this was Hannah’s dream mine was that elephant I rode last summer but for the sake of saying I rode a camel I signed up. When we get on our camel I soon realize how big they are soon after we start walking hannah’s camel starts to make werid werid sounds like it sicks and then is foaming at the mouth its tongue is enlarged and cant seem to stay in its mouth and we are both like wtf. So after 2 hours we finally are asking this 10 year old kid who is in charge of the camel whats going on and he just laughs and finally this other old man with a handle bar mustache just looks at us and is like he wants the female and we are both like what then he goes on to explain it’s the mating season and im not buying it bc none of these other camels are not acting like this. Then he is like no no this one is really in heat and before we know it at a rest stop they take off all the camels gear and start to help the camels have sex like really it was crazy see pictures below. So after our adventurous Horney camel ride we eat dinner and then get to go back in the desert to sleep under the stars which was just the coolest thing ever I love stars and getting to sleep under 1000 of them that were visible even better. Overall ill leave you with this India is a place to see and so big you will have to go back more then once but understand it really is one of the most challenging places to see while I had a chance to see so much meet some great people I also has to be on my guard the whole time and can say I don’t know how untrusting I had to become while visiting India traveling takes it toll but each place we made it to was out of the world and recommend trying it out for ur self but only if you can live by patients in a virtue or go on a tour.  Until next time peace out from the other side of the world!!!! 

sunset 45 mins to the boarder of Pakistan 



couch surfing friends shark and sonny 


this is a pool extremely old but built very artistically 

so this is the little road we had to walk to get to the house everyday


snake charmer 

my camel 

yea thats the tongue situation no exaggeration 

my camel is on the bottom 




lights out the stars 







No comments:

Post a Comment