Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moving on up to the east side…


So after 3 months of exposure to TB Peace Corps deiced that it was not safe for me to live with my host family. I have actually already moved into jentee’s house yesterday which has been so amazing her family has been supper awesome about me moving in.  however I feel sort of weird well my old host family was sort of not cool aka I really didt like them at all except for a few people in my family deff have a few choice words for my host dad which ill go into that more in a sec. its just I don’t like to be singled out and treated like the world revolves around me because im American however my 100 dollars a month is a lot of money for a Cambodian family this makes me treated like a big fucking deal. I sort of didt think their was an exter room in her house but she told peace corps she was going to move in her brothers room so I was like o maybe that’s what going to happen because I have her room now  however im pretty sure she is going to share a bed with her mom which I feel really bad about. On top of that its always like I will cook for you what do you want I don’t want you to be hungry as if jentee is now my personal slave its like everyone waits around for me to ask jump and them reply how high. Other then feeling like they are being overly attentive to my needs this situation has been amazing!!!  It’s a nigh and day difference from my tb host family that’s what I will call them now. Okay how did the goodbyes and telling them I am out went down well peace corps was pretty pissed that he kept saying he tested negative when in fact he was postive I know your thinking how horrible but that’s not even that bad to me bc I understand 100 dollars is a lot of money for a Cambodian. Well my pcmo came to my site he is number one good at playing peoples strings so he broke the news I don’t think they were as angry as I thought they might be however the tb host family is dysfunctional so who knows what’s going on behind the closed curtains if you get my drift. The family didt seem to upset that I would not live their anymore either which is sort of not culturally normal for sake of face saving a big deal in Cambodia it would be more normal for them to be even fake upset towards me and sort of let people see. My main concern is that they don’t start talking shit about me and get people hating me for no reason so I put on a show and a half I was told to make them think I was so sad so I put tiger balm under my eyes to fake cry so they thought I was mad upset and kept telling them I didn’t like peace corps for doing this its so unfair. I can say the only people who did care I was leaving was nov and dara younger cousin and brother… nov is treated pretty shitty by the family though all he does is help them so I don’t know the deal with that but he likes to hang out in my room and play soccer with me. Dara likes that I speak eng with him and I guess that ill sit and talk with him and was telling me ill always be his sister I was like okay you can come see me (im 3 house down from my old house) he is like I will see you everyday. The rest of the family nothing seriously I think something about me turned them off it could just be due to the fact im so close with my new host family but something is just off and im pretty good and feeling the vibes on situations like this but I cant figure it out still. Well yesterday moved out and I cleaned the hosue top to bottom even mopped and my host mom was like I want you to stay for lunch and I was like no its okay but she insitated so I though wow she wants to eat with me so I agreed however as soon as she made it she just put it on the table and went back to the market without even a good bye =( I was like humm really. My host dad okay well he is not a good person so I am actually happy he doest like me bc I think if he did like me might be a guilty by association situation I tried so hard to talk with him all the time but he just would not talk to me since I moved in. well my goodbye was no different I went to give him the key to my room and thank him for “letting me be apart of the family” I use that term loosely that I was sorry peace corps was making me move and I kid you not he would not even turn his head away from the tv mean while I went in squat position to be eye level with him to have good eye contact and all he did was grunt. My family is deff not happy I moved in with jentee’s family I don’t know why but for someone reason everyone in my family seem’s not to particularly like jentee like their jealous of her though I don’t know why its not like she has life handed to her I think maybe its more her life doest get her down attitude that my family will never be able to grasp because they are all so bitter with each other o well.  All I can say is im moving on up to the east side to a deluxe apartment in the sky I can only hope that this situation is a million times better then the past family and on that note I will let you go peace out from the other side of the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment