Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stay Away from Curious George the monkey is dangerous


Let me first off by saying thanks for all the donations thus far and then I will get into why one should stay away from monkeys. How this all started was I went to prey veng where there is a place with monkeys however do to rainy season the rd was flood which required a boat to get their I know believe me when I say this was a crazy exertion. Well Taylor was telling me about this place that is just a wat with monkeys and I think why not well we go to walk their and we get to a part of the rd where its flooded now we are thinking humm do we try to walk across anyways then we think of r pcmo officer who is in charge of are health would kill us if we had to call with a case of leeches so we decide against this idea. The thing about Cambodia no one ever seems to have answers for you so we ask and keep asking up the block of were the rd is flooded is their a person with a boat that we could ride with well with in time we did find someone. We wait for a while talk about a price of 4 dollars for 2 of us round trip and 20 mins late out of the bushes and weeds where there used to be a rd comes this boat from far away inspection did’t seem to have any holes fingers crossed I should know. Anyways we should have know things were going to get a bit shady later on with the boat drivers when they made us wait another 15 mins for them go and buy rice wine yes me and Taylor had to drive though trees while the drivers were drunk yay for risking ones life on the account of monkeys. So after we make it out of the woods we get their pretty quickly to discover no monkeys at first this island wat is really pretty in the shade with lots of trees interesting animals bridges etc and due to the fact is almost nearly impossible to live or vist this area this time of the year we had the place to our self besides the 4 people who I guess actually live their.  The drivers and some random people who rode the boat for free started to eat and drink and then all of a sudden one of the women comes up to taylor saying to leave island we must pay more money 10 dollar each lmao I know yea right! While this is all happening im still exploring taking pictures which I will post soon. Well when I get back the lady is still their and im like yea sorry I have no more money and I keep telling her how we are volunteers we are poor. Side note to all of this most Cambodians like to think all Americans have so much money however when u speak khmer with them it should be a flashing red light in their brain to why if they were smart. Anyways the police chief is ocd about taylor living in Prey Veng so lucky for us we saw him on the way to the boat where I guess he wanted to jot down that another brong was in down as well me haha this guy I guess needs to know when any who is not khmer is around I say good bc we used him as away to get them to budge. While we waited two hours going back and forth on getting them to leave the island the monkeys started to appear and where NOT HAPPY! Okay so they were I think in mating season and really hungry bc they are monkeys trapped on an island with no food and no tourist of khmer people bring them food. For some reason monkeys seem to hate taylor more then me we learned this in monkey forest in bail and how you need a stick to beat away the monkeys. However do to the nature of these monkeys state of mind sticks and throwing rocks at them were not deterrents in the past stomping at them and just staying away form them was enough however bc they wanted food from us which we had none of they tried to attack as a group even the crazy boat lady was freaking out!  At this point we convinced her taylor lives in pv has a family and her uncle was the police of chief and if she died it would be a big problem for them so we won the stand off of 2 dollars per person but sort of paid a little bit in the end. I know your wondering what do you mean well that marsh land water on the way back that may have been invested with leeches we had to walk though it to get back to land I can safely say no leeches and I did no see any snakes I am alive to tell the story =) after words we treated r selves to a big lunch and coffee and did some bike riding around the area I personally think I like the big town of kp chhange better but it was still cool to see another site and I can say Taylor has a posh core life with her Barbie dream house. Its fun for me to vist rich family’s bc mine is so poor and I dunno just really like the life I get to experience in my village life! Peace out from the other side of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment