Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!




Let see well this week in the boat races in phnom penh so a million people have been asking me if I will be going but one I have no money right now and two I am still on lock down so a lot of people I guess are sad that I can not go with them. I don’t exactly know the story behind the boat races why its so popular im guessing its been happening for however many years and that’s what matters. In the absents of me going I have found local things to entertain me yesterday I went for a long walk and made a new friend him and his wife and the whole family want me to have sleepover and eat at there house lol but hopefully ill get to know them better as time goes on. This next part of my weekend is where the blog story start aka the title of this blog so my friend jentee and her sister get paid to do khmer makeup for weddings and she suckered me into letting her give me a make up to make me so very beautiful. I sit down to be a victim knowing full well that this is going to be one crazy makeover as im watching her pick colors and by colors which bright pink to use on me ahh I hate the color pink! Then I see the fake eyelashes that were going to be put on me and that’s when I knew it was going down hill from this point on. Okay so I don’t know if movie stars and people in America that use fake eye lashes have really nice ones but these ones were mad uncomfortable and made me look like a drag queen you can judge for your self. She also wanted to shave off my eyebrows to pencil them back on this is where I drew the line! While the make up aspect was over she just had to do my hair however my hair won for me so she was trying to do something khmer to my hair however as you can see from my pic that didt happen that’s bc my hair is really thin and would not do what she wanted to =) most people in Cambodia have curly hair where mine doesn’t like hairspray or do anything but lye flat. I should also mention this real quick side note that while she was doing my hair all I could think about was lice bc in the past month there was a huge outbreak in my village and the fact I have not had lice is a miracle bc its not just kids but adults and they come over and right on my table where I eat they help each other pick it out of there hair and they wonder why it never goes away. So besides watching people pick out lice all the time I cant help but notice this does not stop them from going to public places to get there hair done to infest more people eek so lets hope for the best that I keep these little sucker out of my hair. Anyways back to the story the aftermath of all of this is these pictures where now I am left to decide do I look more like a drag queen or some form of a cartoon character like Betty Boop. However I should also mention everyone that saw me thought I was so very beautiful minus my self and im sure the rest of America reading this blog so beauty really is in the eye of the beholder im living proof! On a sad note this week my cell phone got stolen from my room so I am without one for now I might buy one in a month ill see im taking this as a sign from the universe to live without it for awhile and utilize internet since I still have that. Although I wish I knew who took it so I could get the sim card at least for numbers also peace corps is pretty blah blah you better keep money on ur cell phone so im guessing me deciding to not have one is not going to go over well but ill cross that bridge when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment