Tuesday, November 23, 2010

State of National emergency

First I will explain what happened as far as I know luckily I got my internet back to see it all in eng trying to understand in khmer is not so easy and then ill tell you why this is all ironic as far as my life is concerted. http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/22/cambodia.festival.deaths/index.html?hpt=T1 so that’s from cnn if you did not see anything yet on it there is the video basically this weekend was water festival were they race boats it’s a pretty big deal fire works and such many people go into phnom penh big party. Anyways there was a few million people in for the event when I guess far to many people were standing on the bridge and it began to seem like it was going to collapses causing mass panic along with the police shooting water bombs to keep people moving it was the perfect storm if you will for a stamped. Many people jumped to there death in hopes to save them selves and then the lights on the bridge caused people to die of electrocution it has been a few sad day in Cambodia thus far 400 dead everyone that I know peace corps wise is okay as well as my family and friends in village. However there are still many people trying to seek medical attention and it is becoming near impossible as I have stated in previous blogs about the medial situation its not so good there are really not ambulances and not many people can afford them so that’s one issues then the amount of supplies in the hospital is pretty limited as well as beds so I have a bad feeling form the limited time I have worked in the health care system in Cambodia that more people will die as the days continue on =( so why this is all so ironic bc I had my phone stolen on Friday and while trying to keep it on the dl it had to come open full force when the safety and security officer of peace corps was trying to call me and when I couldn’t pick up a phone my sister and god knows who else got phone calls on top of that I used up all my internet mins so I couldn’t not even talk to people its pretty hard not to have a single form of media at one time. Just letting everyone im still kicking it hard in Cambodia ps have a good thanks giving and happy bday to Patricia and my Aunt Fran!

1 comment:

  1. Love You Eileen and miss you TONS! It is Patricia's birthday today and tomorrow is ThanksGiving.We will be togther at my place BUT miss you big time! I am sorry that the people you try to help stole your phone and used up your talk time. That sucks! I am sorry for the tragity that happened there but glade you are safe! Did you get a phone back? are you now with out a phone? Love you Daddy

    ReplyDelete