Saturday, January 29, 2011

Half Life aka 6 months in Cambodia

so guess what I know were all so busy with our lives that most of you if no all have not realized I actually made it 6th months in cambodia so I don’t know who bet what month I would leave but looks like u all lost ur bets jkjkj. I am in a some what different place from when I first left I can say that for sure I no longer feel like sensory over load I feel this is all so normal. What helped me realize this even more was peace corps called me the other day asking if some random tourist that was interested in peace corps could come and stop by my site ask me questions about being a volunteers which of course gives me sooo many stories to tell you haha but first talking about his perception of Cambodia remind me how much I thought this was all so much when I first got to Cambodia. Now I will get to the good stuff aka his visit so he is really tall like 6 feet so after he left everyone I knew was standing on their toes to imitate him telling me that they thought I was Cambodia standing next to him bc im so short. Everyone thought he was my boyfriend I had to explain 20 different way why he came to visit the village which to them had them was all so much. I got told how much Khmer I speak that’s only bc he spoke none so not much to compare with but hey ill take that I speak Khmer now over not. Then bc he was all white with out freckles he was so much prettier then me they didn’t not understand why I have these black sports as they like to refer to them so now everyone thinks its bc he is from cali and im from ny I try to say no but its no use. Anyways I think he was more interested in ngo work then peace corps just wanted to see my living situation so I showed it to him so I took him around my yard and by the time we came back to the front all my neighbors were over to see the show I think this made him a little nervous or not really loving the lack of privacy however once you have people spying though windows at you people just being in the yard is called privacy in Cambodia lol. Well lucky for him it is 6 months so many of the volunteers went into the city to celebrate together so I had him meet other people. That being said yea it was a fun weekend I got to see so other volunteers do some work print things for free and eat hot wings! Right now I have a slight cold and was coined yesterday all I can say is I could not stop sweating after its like it sweats out the disease I dunno if I can say it worked but something was going on. I have my first wedding this weekend which meant I needed Khmer wedding attire which I didn’t feel like having made at a whopping 100 dollars so I asked my friend Jentee if she thought I could fit into anything of hers and so the trying on began. Honestly I don’t know what I was thinking okay so jentee isn’t like an anorexia looking Khmer person however she is still Asian so her bone structure is mad tiny compared to me so while we weigh the same it was embarrassing for them to realize how big my ass really is! Well after much trying on and feeling like this is going to lead to funny pictures I found one thing that seemed to fit not well aka I will not be eating at this wedding if I don’t want the sampot to rip open lmao. I have a lot of people helping me more so with my tom shoes project had time to work that out and then the best news ever today my soccer stuff came in ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! They gave me so much stuff im supper excited and all the balls have pass back on them which makes it real easy to make sure people don’t steal my camp balls. Every one in the village I think knows about this camp so part of me is worried that its gonna get real crazy to quick or ill only have like 10 people show up to my camp. Speaking of everyone knowing they all saw the big ass peace corps truck at my house and them carrying out enormous boxes so all the teenage boys were hunting me down as soon as I got out for work to go though it all which I thought was gonna make me nervous bc I thought they would all start to ask for stuff asap but they understood its for camp im not trying to hoard soccer supplies. Now I am on the hunt for counters parts and get started on the actual fun part of the next 6 months which is running this camp ps just so you all know I have given my self the title of camp director for my resume haha o how I love to make up companies and make my self director and head positions! Who needs to find a job when you can give ur self made up positions its like playing dr when you’re a kid speaking of dr I deiced my title I will give my self from working at the hospital is health educational coordinator at Svay Medical center I guess that’s how I roll I really think the more vague the job title sounds the more prestigious people think it is so I might have to work on that last one might be to direct haha until next time peace out from the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment