Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Its All Partying Crashing and Monkey Businesses






Saturday was mostly spent doing massive loads of laundry because I was gone for two weekends in a row that meant no laundry lucky for me I packed 2 months worth of clothes to Cambodia and everyone thought I was crazy when I first showed up to Cambodia now I am supper happy that I schlepped all my stuff all over Cambodia =) after manual labor of laundry I was going to walk into the middle of nowhere which I will no start to refer to as walk to the forest bc that’s what jentee calls it when she yells at me and apparently they think I sleep underneath trees in said forest which for the record I don’t. However the fate’s intervened bc I did not make it to far before this girl im friends with though my family member witchatuh aka November in eng so I partied crashed and hung out with a bunch of 16 year old. Its odd enough to be around sexual tension in America however in Cambodia its sexual tension im not used to being around and culturally its all different so yea it was painful to watch lmao… let me explain okay so Cambodians like music videos from America and Korea they like to imitate said videos however bc its like grinding and dry hump ping this is not culturally acceptable so there will be no opposite sex involved in that type of dancing but instead guy on guy girl on girl well you get the pictures or if they pair up boy girl its all like fake air humping I don’t know just awkward to look at. They wanted me to dance to however I knew that my American dancing should not been seen by horny Cambodian boys that could lead to sexual harassment for years to come jkjk but I finally did agree to learn how to khmer dance which requires moving in a circle using ur hands no touching have to be honest unless I am drinking not really the biggest fan of dancing. Which brings me to another odd thing about this party what kind of 16 year olds throw a boy girl part with dancing and no drinks but instead food and a grandpapa to chaperon humm this really has be confused all I can say when I was 16 I had to wait for my mom to go on a trip to give my self a party (not that I ever did such a thing mom bc I would never hehe). However the party was still fun bc I met some new people one of which was this I think maybe 4 year old little boy who loved to dance and have me take his pictures I think his idol is Michael Jackson bc he was moon walking crotch grabbing him self it was soooo funny to see and he like took over the dance floor! The most important aspect of this party was that someone had a pet monkey that’s right a pet monkey so now I can scratch off playing with a monkey on my kick the bucket list. Talk about cultural exchange well when I saw this monkey its all I wanted to pay attention to however when all the kids saw I had an ipod that’s all they wanted to play with so for 30 mins we switched I still think the monkey is cooler then an ipod. I wish I knew how one gets a pet monkey but its most likely best I don’t know other wise my host family will have a pet monkey by the time im done with service if I had anything to do about it =) well the Khmer party ended around 5 when I deiced to go for a shorter walk when I was on my way back I crashed yet another party but I will say this one was a bit more awkward it was a wedding. I was waved into said party and I tend to go when someone waves me over as to be more liked by my community and its not like I am ever in a rush to be somewhere so I figured I would say high and leave not so haha… first I had a shot of rice wine really sweet and was forced to sit down however once other people realized I was at the wedding I could no longer sit in the table in the corner but then was forced to move to the table with the bride and groom talk about not being discreet well things just started to cross lines from their on im dressed in jeans and a tank top bc my plan was for a walk now they have me lining up to be in wedding photos with the bride and groom family members I dunno who else wish I could say it ends their but then the camera man who video tapes the wedding pretty much started to focus on me ahh. Then they all wanted me to eat and I kept refusing bc it was dark out I had to get back to eat dinner my family cooked for me already. I sort of also was scared that they thought I had a lot of money on me so I was just trying to leave be4 I was joining the wedding and felt like I had to give in money which I did not have or really ever have haha. Well now when that couple looks back on their wedding their will be a grungy looking American till next time peace out from the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment