Friday, February 4, 2011

Who ever said life was fair



My week of insanity well as most of you know Cambodia has suited me pretty well I really like my day to day life however I guess even when you like where/what your doing in life their has to be downs with it. What else can I say but this week has been that week for me okay well first I had a some what down conversation with peace corps staff about my tom shoes thing about them not really be able to help me as far as customs goes the convo just was just odd and I don’t even want to waste my breath on it all just know that know matter what I have a lot of other volunteers helping me with it and we are not prepared to let this project fail or fall by the waste side with out with out peace corps help! Then okay so I got all my soccer stuff in but now cant find counter parts I went to the extremes to get this one guy I knew spoke eng. number aka my khmer tutor had his number in his records bc he applied for a job I know in america giving out information like that is illegal but in Cambodia no big deal. Anyways I talk to him and he tells me no he doest think he has time and his line of questioning was also a bit disturbing like talking about betting money etc with players I was like nope not the purpose of camp. Then I know this guy who lived in america for a while went to him and he tells me he has to think about it sigh I know your like well maybe they really cant help but hear is the deal this thing is once a month im offering them to take whatever money we charge and split it up not to mention it to help their own community! I mean I make no money in any of this and I care more about it then them I don’t get it. I guess im gonna keep my fingers crossed about the California Cambodian dude but I have a feeling it’s a no go on top of getting people to help me I have had to deal with a whole nother side to this camp… okay so you know in america we all know it’s a really bad idea to work with family bc if something goes bad you cant really fire them or change it and then you go home and cant escape etc well Cambodians know this to but r more likely to ignore it. What I mean by all of this is that my brother first off has been getting people interested all well in good but also it seems like many of his friends are the only people I have thus far to help me run the camp issues one 17 year old boys in Cambodia don’t like to listen to girls issue two if they are horrible at running the camp I know this will lead to family issues for me and I actually have nowhere else to go so yea im sort of worried about the political implication of this camp as far as service goes. Next issue I have had this week with the camp everyone in their god dam mother wants my soccer stuff and I mean everything one they don’t seem to get that’s it for camp that if I give it to them I have to give to everyone and it really started to get to me their whole stereotype about Americas “I just have so much money I will get more” that’s how they view anything I do so granted I never except anyone to thank me bc that’s not what I want but I also didt except them to really take how much went into getting the stuff bc like I said they number one think that I am american and can get whatever I want when the reality is once they use up this stuff its done! However I was really letting this get to me but after talking to my poor khmer tutor who has had to be a therapist for me at times I realized that mabey it will all turn to shit just like im see happening however mabey their will be a lesson for them that I cant just re get stuff and while I get punished in away to sometimes bad things happen for the greater good so that’s helped me not freak out so much which ever way this all goes ill except the fate of it. Sadly the week does not pick up so a few weeks ago I learned that the guy across the street has tb well now my dad has it and im like humm this is not good I deff have been exposed so I bring it up with my health center director and then he informs me he has it so now im like wtf! Is it even ethical for him to be seeing patients then im informed there has been an out break in the village great fml!!! Okay I had a shot when I got here did some research yep not a good out look only 50 percent effective for the lung type of tb which is basically flipping a coin weather it will protect me so I deiced that just incase I am now carrying around I better call peace corps. Mean while im waiting for a call from them about getting tested and I have started to develop deungey like symptoms my whole face feels like its breaking and I just feel dizzy and tired however once I got a call back for my tb they think I don’t have deungey and inform me I have to wait till march to be tested for tb. Well at this point I just give up on life and deiced to let my self go into the world of Cambodian meds were today I was cupped for the first time similar to coning but hurts less I sort of like it better but takes longer jentee was pretty mad I went and did this but whatever sigh. Anyways lets hope my health improves and my general annoyances as well. then to add to my life i guess Thailand want to invade cambodia for this temple thats Cambodia's this has been going on for years between the two countries i don't think either country wants a war. No one ever said life was fair you just have to remember to get back up again and keep on going and know their will be better tomorrow's. till next time peace out from the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment