Friday, September 3, 2010

Bedtime stories

So there are a few awesome stories to make you all laugh lets see first I don’t think I got to tell you about how my host family likes to sleep at night… so imagine your self in a new place your own room and everyone asking you if you are scared and you keep saying no I am not scared but happy bc that’s all I can translate in Khmer however they don’t believe you so 5 different family members including my host mom all sleep out side my bed room door on the floor by the way my door is glass so I can see them all lying there all night feeling horrible that they think this is what I want. In Cambodia a lot of the families like to share beds and sleep together so this could be there thought process or another is that they think they need to protect me from evil sprits ghost etc which I guess ill just hope doest last to long. Okay going into another awesome story well the other night me and 3 other people in my provenance were all eating dinner and I saw this kid start staring at us and really looked like he wanted to talk and as he moved closer I could tell he was autistic so this is when I thought let me be nice and wave him over to talk to him mean while my brain was in eng so I totally forgot he would only know Khmer turns out he didn’t know either. Well he sits with us and is trying to speak but I don’t know what he is saying and then points to our food wanting some so we decide to splurge and by him the 2 dollar meal this of course made him happy and he then wanted a pic of us this is where it gets real interesting. He whips out a cigarette box but we are all like is that some sort of new camera and mean while he is holding it out just like you would any digital camera and then we realize its deff a cig box mean while the first “picture” was not good enough and he turns around this box to show us so we have to take another fake pic with everyone in the restaurant mean while is looking and laughing bc they see what’s happening this kid is taking pic of a bunch of brongs from all diff angles and we did not even no what to do. I guess we made a real good impression on our new host city. Well from this same place we ate I got food poisoning so this brings me to my next story sorry its ending on this note well in Cambodia its pretty much inevitable that at some point and time you will get sick from eating something bad and I guess it was just my turn the only thing that sucks is I had to ride a bus for 2 hrs and stop and throw up continuously I could not even hold down water so by the time I made it to P.P I get off the bus im so dehydrated I almost pass out while throwing up some more with some random Cambodians smacking my back doing I don’t even know what. This next part is how you know I live in Cambodia me and the other volunteers spend the tuk tuk ride getting me to the medical people saying well it could be a lot worse at least you know its not dengue this statement is sad but true in Cambodia there is always worse so ill leave you with that note.

No comments:

Post a Comment