Monday, September 20, 2010

Mindfreak

Well for those of you who don’t know as a kid I always wished for magic powers and I wish I could tell you I gave up on the idea but I still semi hope to develop powers except I am a bit more realistic with them now and willing to except that I will never be able to teleport, astral project or move things with my mind aka telekinesis or shape shift. However the idea of magic has plagued me my whole life and this lead me to various interest from studying the religion of Wicca to understanding mysticism and of course taro cards and palm reading and a few in between things. Well in America these things are not taken very seriously so when you say I can read palms its more of a fun game well I had to learn a bit of the hard way that in Cambodia it might be taken a bit more serous…. Let me take you back to a week ago I was in the market I often go alone so I can talk Khmer with the market ladies and one of them started to look at my palm so I thought you know she was trying to read my palm so in return I asked her for her palm well I cant speak Khmer well enough by any stretch of the imagination to actually give her a reading by the way I read a book on palmistry and I tend to practices what I learned drunk so I think this was my first sober reading and believe me I don’t really posses any gifts. So I just gave one word answers by using the dictionary this soon got a bit out of hand when there was like 10 market people up in my face wanting me to read there palm well soon enough I was able to escape and I was like okay this is all behind me. However this was not so mind you this was my own fault the market is the worse place to do anything because that’s how rumors get spread in Cambodia everyone knows if you want to know the gossip you talk to the market ladies. Anyways yesterday I was sitting at the café and one of the lcfs goes to me in front of a lot of people so I hear you are a physic and you can read palms and I am like wait how did you find out about that (of course the market people but I wonder how many 2nd hand times it was spread I shutter to think) sigh so this ended up me sitting reading everyone palms for what felt like forever mean while the whole reason I was there was to go guppy hunting for my community project instead my productivity was spend on palms. Let me first clarify a few things for those of you who know me I am deff no physic however most of you might not know I do have a random gift its kinda of a blessing and a curse I am supper in tune with people I just happen to be really good at reading people and can kind of know what they will do etc I dunno how to explain it but I can see though what people want me to see. Why I bring this up is simple I don’t need to know the people to read there palms I simply just read into how they are dressed how they move etc very basic things I have seen of them and I can give them what seems to be the most amazing palm reading of their life so I just use my ability with that of this book I read and boom you to can be a physic. Okay the reason I am telling you so much about this is because it occurred to me after I did this yesterday I might have scared a few Cambodian people into thinking that I talk to sprits or I really have powers so now I am left with damage control and sort of regretting that I did not put into account Cambodian culture and how they would perceive what in America would be a fun game. I should also mention that I also messed up in another way before you “read someone palm” your supposed to ask do you really want to know everything but because I was taking it more of a joke I did’t and I think perhaps the negative things I pick up on might have made people even more freaked out when really all this stuff is just a mindreak!

1 comment:

  1. Eileen,
    I never laughed so hard. Your talent is hereditary. I read people really well, too, but I steer away from the palm reading. I did do the Tarot cards though and Runes. I did one hell of a good b.s. reading....really expounded on the spread BUT I had the sense to take out the deadly Death card and if one of the more negative cards came up, I'd compensate--"oh, it's upside down--it's south of a heart....etc." get it? So a short life line crossed by a solid love line is much better than a long life line with a spilt love line...sort of like poker....we'll talk about it when you get home....didn't realize that your mother forgot to pass on the family "gypsy" secrets.

    ReplyDelete