Monday, September 20, 2010

Thank you

this is the letter i had translated into khmer for my host family i dunno if its blog worthy but ill post it anyways ps i already miss them =(

Words can not express enough gratitude for all that you have done for me while I was learning about Cambodia beyond that you have given me a chance to experience a family life in Cambodia and for that I will be forever in your debt. There is so much I have wanted to say since living with you but had no idea how to say it in Khmer and for that I am sorry I hope desperately before I leave the country I will actually be able to have a full out conversation without questioning every other word however I have to say actions speak a 1000 words and if there is one lesson I learned is that you can still understand a person with out speaking which makes it awesome to be a human being to experience that deep connection with out having to explain it. With that I can say I have never felt so loved by two complete strangers in my entire life I hope to carry that positivity you have given me into my American family which I am sure at some point you will get to meet (brace your self for that experience). I would also like to thank you for accepting me for who I am while I have been in training I have heard many things about Cambodian culture from what will be taking offensively but as you may have noticed I like to march to the beat of my own drum and I am truly happy you could see past what some might have perceived as bad. I never thought I would have a 2nd family now that I have met you I know I do I hope to be able to keep in touch and see you while I live in Cambodia I wish you and your family good health, happiness and luck in your life and if you ever want to come visit me in the U.S New York has your name on it =)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Ei, that was really sweet, I'm sure they really appreciated it! Did you get mom's package yet? The one with the sweater for your host mother?

    ReplyDelete