Thursday, July 22, 2010

Digging to China

Growing up I think I tried numerous times to dig to china I believe it was with a stick no less lol as if it was all going to happen, in my adult life I always wondered one how many kids in china tried to do the same thing and why it seemed so possible to do? Well now I am on a plain to china while I am not exactly digging my self there I am still supper excited to get a night to spend in china!!!! Ps there is a staircase on this plane ill try to get a picture. After china I will be going onto Cambodia the good news is that I am now in a new stage of the Peace Corps a trainee which is pretty exciting everyone in the k4 group (Cambodia group 4) has been awesome staging is going to be long and hard but I am really happy that I get to do it with such a great group of people. Once I get into Cambodia I will have limited access to internet for the first 3 months so my blogs might stop I do have a cell phone once I get to my site however I don’t know how much that will cost ill try to keep you all posted as much as possible. Apparently I also have to get my blogged approved by the Peace Corps because it could effect how the country perceives the program and to make sure you all know that anything I say has nothing to do with the Peace Corps it is only my thoughts and does not reflect the Peace Corps. I am still flying and can say when people come to visit it is a long ride I feel like its been days and have found out in. not even first class but one up from economy they have beds it might be worth to spring for that life style. Since today was my last day in country and tonight last hot shower or running water for the shower I will fast in china and all the awesome things they have like the U.S.A. on another random note this adventure and talking to people in the same boat has really helped me see how much each family is going though the same thing with volunteers leaving etc and how much roles change throughout ones life it brings me back to the first day of school or the first time one sleeps over at camp and you know as a child you are so sad to leave your parents behind and they tell you everything will be okay however for volunteers it is now the opposite we have to convince everyone else it will be okay. Some people’s parents stayed in the same hotel and said their goodbye today and I have to say more parents were crying then kids and if I remember I think I was the only one crying when I was dropped off at nursery school not my mom haha just shows how life takes a 180 on you when you least except it. My visit into China reminded me so much of nyc (time sq touristy part) soo many 7/11 it was funny also everything was in eng which I would never have guessed. I took some shots of random diff… n a pack of ciggs they actually have pics of an x-ray with lunge cancer. I also must admit the media brainwashed me a bit in regards to china….i figured it would be this militant place and they would hassle u about everything they don’t even make u fill out a declaration form it was pretty sweet. I had a awesome meal then back to my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment