Thursday, July 1, 2010

T MINUS 18 DAYS TILL I LEAVE

I am not much of a blogger so let me say this is one of my first try's at becoming a cool kid and having my own blog jkjkj. I will try to keep in touch with everyone back in the states as much as possible though i may have limited internet access. Before i forget let me pre apologize for me having limited eng skills aka my spelling i will try to have luis correct my post for me so you dont have to bear but at some point like right now you will. I am in the mist of packing up my life its hard to shop for another culture when all i have is american summer clothes to choose from i wonder how daisy duke shorts would roll in cambodia im guessing not to well. Anyways alot of people might not know exactly what im doing in Cambodia so will try to give a short description since what they gave me was a 24 pg booklet no lie....health agent i will be working in the local community centers hospitals some times schools to prevent disease thought education. Some Facts about cambodia health care system 1 out of 200 new borns die most people in smaller areas dont have hospitals and prefer more of a mystic type dr. Due to the Khmer gov political ideals most hospitals were shut down and destroyed and many DR'S killed (the gov belived basically drs were a cause of inequality making the lower class suffer) this was type of ideals is what lead for the cue de ta with in the communities and throughout the country because of lack of money most hospitals close down at 12 in the afternoon so the medical professionals can go to work in a private hospital to make ends meet. there is a very high rate of many disease such as tb aids etc so i will have lots of work a head of me on top of that i will be the first group though the peace corps to be sent in to do health work so there will be alot to figure out along the way and from the readers point of view some good stories! for a side project i will try to start some after school activity im thinking soccer but i will see bc i need a chance to better get to see what the community would like vs what i would like. thats something that will be an on going struggle for my self is really taking a step back and realizing things from a multicultural aspect aka not the american perspective i am so used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment