Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I AM THE YELLOW COLOR






I feel like this is one of those movies where first they show you a clip of what is happening in the present but then goes back to how it all beings to imagine me laying in my hammock with big gobs of yellow I don’t know what food maybe I really am not sure all over me turning me the yellow color and then I will take you back just like a movie. So over the weekend I had a minor bike accident I am fine just a few scrapes nothing to really freak out about just almost got hit by a moto and trying to prevent this sort of skidded out I grew up in a house hold where I was always told to take a warm bath to make anything that was wrong better while most cases it never really worked I think it kept me quit so I didn’t bitch and I think made me brush off anything serous or to know well enough not to bring it up just to turn on the hot water. I have been cleaning and doing what I can with the situation however back at site this has allowed everyone in my village to be deathly concerned for me when the hospital staff got a peek they gave me pills not quite sure what these pills are and how pills are supposed to cure scrapes but ill say for argument sake that maybe its to prevent infection like antibiotics then again I don’t remember antibiotics looking the ways these pills do but this is not how come I am now the yellow color. I don’t know if its bc in Cambodia there is no warm baths for moms to make there kids to get in that they come up with the stuff they do but after work I went over to Jentees house she was still at the market so I hung out with her mom speaking Khmer about my trip when she started to ask me if I showered yes this is a normal questions for a Cambodian to ask bc she saw what she thought was dirt on my foot which was really a cut and I was like yes this is not dirt but a cut then she began to inspect my legs and before long she saw the big cut on my leg it self this caused her to freak out and no sooner did her freak out occurred did Jentee get back and some random person that was buying stuff from their shop so I was forced to show my cuts and now they all think I am going to die but seriously jentee was like I knew there was a problem on the phone I was like no problem sigh sometimes there really is no talking down a Cambodian so now that I have cuts I am sick yes sick that’s right and I keep telling them I am fine anyways I go home for lunch putting this all behind me or so I hopped I should have know better I guess wishful thinking just doest work well for me. Mean while I was hopping not to get my family involved but after lunch I was watching a movie and studying Khmer when Jentee’s mom comes over with this big bowl of I don’t know what to rub all over me so mean while I have put iodine and other cleaning things on this cut for it to be x out with yellow passed see pictures above hah so now I have an ace bandage around my knee holding in yellow passed I have stuff on my elbow and all over my feet with no idea what’s in it all I can say it sort of stings on my knee. I thought about taking it off of course that crossed my mind but I didn’t want to be culturally offensive bc she clearly went out of her way to make me her witch dr medice so I figured the least I can do is wear it around the village for the day right? Well new years is around the corner as well as a peace corps health meeting so until next time peace out from the other side of the world!

Quick update turns out this stuff is yellow turmeric and gin peace corps drs r not happy with me right now lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment