Tuesday, December 14, 2010

True life I have reached Creeper status

Okay so after a long trip back to site having to have the same repetitive conversations I was sort of ready just to pass out however my family wanted to really talk to me. I was taken a back at first bc even my host mom who never really is excited to see me was happy when I got out of the taxi. There is a reason behind this sudden change in behavior I think well Cambodians know all the on goings with you and Jentee is my best friend at site but im sure they hear things though her so I don’t really say much as far as my family life is concerned to her bc her dad and my dad are friends however be4 leaving I talked a lot about my family in prey chore this leads to my family feeling well she should not miss them or its bad that she says that she misses them losing face sort of deal. Well when I got home my sisters started to talk to me about weddings and dancing and then asked me to see her wedding pics which have to say not so pretty my sisters are soo pretty however these pictures are not bc they have there face painted all white and all this fake stuff on man I wish they knew that is not pretty natural is better but different culture different views. So while looking though the pictures I understand more of the family dynamics so she is still married but does not like her husband any more so that’s why he does not live with her and my other sister with the 4 kids also similar situation but I think its more of the husbands wanting to be separate however u know my khmer is not amazing so I could have mixed that up some. I also found out that I guess I had a brother who was killed in a moto accident after trip down memory lane they wanted me to go for a walk to go see the dancing at the wedding aka when my creeper status started luckily I was not the only one standing behind a fence watching dancing however I was the only American doing so what this means is that I was in no way able to just hide away from the fact that I was their. Despite being be hind the fence in the dark this did not stop people from trying to get me to join the wedding party aka wedding crash when that didn’t happen they saw me try to sit Khmer style and how awkward I looked so they had to bring me at a chair I really need to get better sitting like a Khmer person. Even though I just got back to site xmas and new years are coming up so I have been trying to figure out what to do originally I thought about doing the beach for new years but I think now I might go for xmas instead although my Khmer friends invited me to phenom penh so ill have to figure that out and hopefully have enough money for travel. There is a first time for everything today when I was sitting at the market stall two English speaking people stopped by no one ever stops by to sit and do anything bc there are places in less then a mile that are way better anyways had interesting Convo with them and also I think it might be the universe sign. What I mean by this is that one of the girl was telling me how she has been living all over Asia for the last 10 years doest see how she could go back to Australia I keep about thinking about saying in Cambodia and I always joke to people that ill stay for 10 years so maybe me bumping into these two girls means something I dunno. I have to say its so very crazy to think its that time of year shopping crazy and how much it just feels like an extended summer in my mind though when I went traveling though the city in Cambodia they have xmas music and lights all over the place and all the people who work at many of the stores all wear Santa hats I found out today the word for Christmas in Khmer is noel its just funny bc in Cambodia they are not a wear of the war on xmas so they really keep it Christmas and play real Christian music its amusing to see globalization at work. Peace out from the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment