Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rocking around the (palm tree)

While everyone in American is scrambling around to get last min gifts and party favors I am taking the Cambodian rout this xmas and planning my xmas get away to the beach! Since I cant have the white snow why not the white sandy beach of Cambodia with some like-minded individuals from the Peace Corps. I know you all want to hate me right now but I will make you feel a little less jealous when I tell you all about my insect and hunting encounters of the 4th kind so while you all are enjoying your egg nog I was hunting rats that’s right rats and scorpions. Where to begin well okay first off the electricity at site as been really bad lately keeps going off at all the wrong times making life some what hard have had to use my electric tennis racket with a flash light quite a bit anyways this was yet another night when I had no electricity I was sitting out side with my sister when I saw a rat come around the house and I was like don’t do it in my head but it did… so now what do I do? I see this sucker go into my house I have to get it out mind u a month ago I had to get to mice out I did this with the electric racket and they never came back scared them enough I guess lets hope the same thing happens to this rat. Okay so while im rat hunting what do I see in the corner but a baby scorpion I might have ignored it but just a week ago another baby appeared by my shoes now what if I stepped into said shoe and it was in their I know you don’t want to think about it either do I. well anyways now that this is the second baby in a week I have seen chilling in my house all I can think is before I killed their mom u remember the story of the giant black scorpion under my bag well im convinced she laid eggs somewhere or how else did they all start to show up at the same time and size they are form the same hatched eggs I just hope its her bc at least I know she is dead but if there is another mom around that’s something ill deal with when I see it which I hope is never. Okay so I take care of one issue at a time scorpion dead with my sisters help quick and easy now the rat im looking around cant find it and suddenly I see it beady eyes and try to shock it with my racket but it got the point quick enough and left my house so issue number two down. Still no lights so I go back out side to sit in the cold I know its not snow cold but it is actually cold these past few days and I swear my showers in the ams r pretty deathly however what is funny is I just happen to get cold really easily so Cambodians think this is the funniest thing ever. They have the idea that it snows all year round in America its hard to get them to understand that America is so very big and different states have different tempters due to the fact in their mind it snows all year round they think I should always be warm so the fact that I am so very cold wearing sweat shirts while they still can wear short sleeves kills them I just keep telling them that I don’t leave my house in the winter. The other day at work there was this cute puppy I was playing with and this started the staff asking me if I had a dog in America I had to tell them know to explain all the reasons I don’t have a dog would be to hard but to say they are expensive is easy however not a concept they understand in Cambodia since you can just pick dogs off the street for free why in gods name would one have to pay for a dog then I told them the dog need to get shots and things and this is when I saw some of the funniest face I have seen in a while like they really thought I was joking like they really think American’s are crazy. O yes before I forget if your still looking for that last min gift look no further turns out if cnn did no capture the Phnom Penh bridge disaster you can now buy it for all your family to share on dvd or in my case sit on a taxi for two hours and have the awesome privilege to see said dvd when you think you have seen it all there is always something around the bend until next time peace out from the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment