Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cambodia is in a State of PERIL

Okay so every Thursday is seminar day in chomp cham where I think we get told about all the things that will kill us or hurt us in Cambodia. Let’s see so far we had to learn about all the way misquotes will harm humans if untreated kill humans. Then there is parasites in all the meat and veggies and god knows what other food o by the way nigh soil equals human manour, which helps to carry lots of disease and parasites 411 Cambodia gets some things from Vietnam which uses this. Today it was all about land mines which according to the statistics I received today Cambodia has the 2nd most land mines in the world Afghanistan is number one. O yea there is 3 times the amount of land mines then people in Cambodia right now wtf to that most are the tie boarder and a lot are where I am living right now. The best part of all in these informative sessions are how to treat and prevent o wait half the things they say are not due able in country for instances misquotes use your net wear deet (which by the way long terms effect of deet have been linked to parkson disease) and avoid misquotes funny bc I didn’t know I could tell misquotes to go away and they would listen. Its awesome when ever they recommended to use hot water lmao o really I could take a hot shower my host family must have a secret place they store that water. If I have a rash put anti bacterial soap on it and stay out of humid places humm pretty sure that cant happen in Cambodia. Hookworm are carried in dogs etc so you might not want to even walk barefoot in your house just to be on the safe side. If your family has a dog or cat try not to let it near you or touch you (no cats or dogs have any shots so most have worms fleas and various other things) I feel like I have seen weird things in the cats ear I have no idea what that could be. Land mines avoid area’s you don’t know considering I don’t know most places in this country sort of hard also found out that people steal the signs to warn people because the iron that hold up the signs get people 500 real. I think best comment today by medical staff don’t be alarmed if a worm comes out of your but you can wait till business hours to call. I know now you wondering how likely is this stuff ever going to effect me well us K4 are setting records a kid who was in my langue group got dengue and that misquote can effect up to 3 block radius I escaped that and I have no idea how. However to be fair seminar day is not all about death we also get to find out about the on goings of the week and what expectations must be met this week was about Permanente site we now have the knowledge of what safety must be met they have a list of 10 things that should be met however they informed us today that is not always possible and as long as they find a place that has 6 out of 10 its acceptable last time I check that’s 60 percent aka an F. I guess I just have to roll with it and hope that my site gets a 10 and I will just be happy that the peace corps is at least honest with us so if my site seems under par ill have a better idea as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment