Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lack of information

So I had a little separate exertion of my own after my Cambodian adventure on Thursday peace corps told us to go back to where the staff house was which is not in phrey chore so when I got there I come to discover I no longer had a ride back. Now its almost 5 and one of the lcf had to chase me down a taxi guy while in America that is simple in Cambodia this is a process which you must wait around. bc no taxi/van etc driver will take any one person the car must be filled to the brim, by this I mean there is the back seat filled the front with more then one person and a person also sits in the drivers seat while the driver sit on top of them. Around 6 the driver called the lcf to let us know I could go (ps he over charged me some times I wish I looked more azn) also due to gender norms they don’t really like it if a girl with a lot of guys so I try to get in the back but no bc the grls r in front that’s were I ended up having to sit so there is this girl who I think looks the size of one of my thighs (I swear I thought I would crush her) luckily she was so tiny that I didn’t have to sit on her but her poor friend was the one who had to let the driver sit on her. As im getting into the taxi I could tell all the peace corps staff was worried and then one proceeds to take down the licensees plate number so I am like humm do they run off with American often or something. Moral of my story life is crazy in Cambodia and one should always double check on plans from a few days ago. Another great thing that happens is that peace corps does not want to scare us off so information seems to just miss us like recently all the pigs are dyeing from some rare disease in Cambodia but they don’t know if it effects humans considering at least my host family makes me eat that once to twice a day would be nice to get a medical text nope I had to hear it from some random source mean while this has been going on for a week so chances are I should be sick already in all honestly im pretty shocked that my immune system has been working so well with me a lot of people have been getting sick and I seem to be going strong. Everyday I become increasingly aware of all I don’t know in life and I just have to think of that saying “I realize the more I know the less I know” I would say I am okay with that it allows all of us to never to platue in life because there is always something new in life to discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment