Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oregon Trail

Okay so lets go back to the best computer game ever in 1995 and why I bring it up in 2010 that game is currently my life but more rpg style… I spend my time trying not to die of dysentery finding goods in other villages and having to interact with people to make sure I can find ways to the village to trade goods etc. this weekend I had my Cambodian adventure at another volunteer sites it has been awesome but it made me realize how each village has something diff to offer in way of life as well as actual goods being an American I fail to see the value in sugar and milk etc bc they have and seem to always been their were in Cambodia I have yet to find a thing of peanut butter though im told it might be sold in a gas station so this is my life no Oregon trail the open Cambodian road I have to cross rivers and walk into on coming high ways in hopes to find all that I need and from this I value goods a lot more now! So I got to visit kampong Thom and then go up to semi reap I went with two other people and together we new enough Khmer to get to where we had to be I just hope I can do it on my own. I have had a very western style weekend awesome food and I even got Mexican I decide that I was Spanish in my past life by I love wraps so much and I think I might miss that more then American food. Have to say that semi reap looks way diff then the regular villages even the market it soo clean they really want to keep having the brongs coming (brongs means French foreigner however they now just use it if your white in general) so I get hello brong a lot its sort of odd bc if we said that in the us i think we might be punched not to mention in the us if you charged someone based on their skin color they that person would be sued. Everyday is a step at a time I take everything I learn to decied what steps I will take in my two years to try to help where I feel I can be of most use and that may include equality classes. this will be my last post till I have internet again so joom reap leah!

No comments:

Post a Comment