Saturday, August 28, 2010

WHERE IS WALDO OR WHERE WILL I LIVE FOR 2 YEARS

today was one of the mile stone of my peace corps life i got to find out where i will live for the next two years i get to go vist for a few days so i will give you more information when i get back but for now... KAMPONG CHHNANG province and kampong traclach villiage i am the closet k4 to the city of Phnom phenn which is awesome! you can either take a bus or a boat to where i live which is bc i live on a river whoo hoo! however i am far from the main district villiage and i am not around other volunteers the closet k3's to me actually left and are no longer in peace corps so it will be interesting. my site is a new site most health people are at a new site a little about my host family they are older they have 2 older kids a boy 17 and a girl 18 my dad is a rice farmer and my mom sells fruit host siblings speak eng which will help alot. i will not have running water or 24 hours of electricity according to the sheet i recived they might need to put a roof over my room so i dunno if one is missing or what and my kitchen is some what lacking and my bathroom is not connected to the house. i am in ruralish area i live really close near my village hospital. o yea my house might be considered a mini zoo or at least in my mind they have 17 chickens, 1 cat, 1 dog, 3 cows and god knows what eles. i am really happy with what i got my site seems pretty awsome and the fact i get to be so close to the city is awsome im deff nervous about meeting a new host family bc my host family now kicks ass and understands that i dont want to eat 5 bowls a rice in one meal ill have to train a new family all over again. once i get back ill give u more of a prospective till then peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen, Glade you are happy with where you are going to stay next. I am worried about no roof for you thoue. This coming Monday8/30 I will be going to Alaska and on my You Tub Channel every day I will try to UP LOAD videos of what we saw that day and or evening. My channel is mrwm2800 to go check it out! God Bless We ALL Love you LOTS and admire you ability to do this work in Camboida

    ReplyDelete